Monday, January 28, 2008

Whoo Hoo!!! Great Wolf Lodge












We finally went to Great Wolf Lodge. We'd planned to go in October of last year to celebrate Tannah and Alyssa's birthdays. Something told me not to plan it around the end of September. I had this sick feeling October was not going to be a good one. Mom passed away that month and we had another baby in the home so when February rolled around and I felt like a real piece of pooh I was so excited the kids got a day off school so we get all the time possible in at Great Wolf Lodge. It's located in Mason next to Kings Island and is an indoor water park/hotel. The time allotted is 1:00 P.M. until 10:00 P.M. the next night BUT check-in isn't until 4:00 P.M. the first day until 11:00 A.M. the following morning. NO LATE CHECKOUT! Never mind the room was $500 for one night and the food was so nasty in the buffet. The water park was a blast! Nothing like it for kids in the winter but someone vomited the first day and my daughter stepped in it. The following day something happened in the wave pool and it had to be "evacuated" at the least until close. The only thing that irritated me was I was sitting on the edge of the pool with Lana and Brandy when a lifeguard came up and told me I wasn't allowed to sit on the side of the pool. I was so tired from my fibromyalgia and carrying one or two kids at at time while watching Tannah, Alyssa and Terra too. Between accidents and strangers, you can never be too careful even if they are 13 yrs. old! Anyway, it was all worth it and I'm paying the price now! Even the kids were so tired they still haven't recovered :)
I wasn't sure what I was thinking when I told each child they could bring a fiend. I also had a set of twins. All were quite good and had a great time. I'd do it all over again but I'd start preparing about a month in advance. It was so funny. I can't remember who it was but one person said to me "Oh that must have been relaxing enjoying the spa life." OMG, I can't even tell you what I said to them!!!

No comments: