Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day To You Too

I had a great Father's Day today.  After treating myself to coffee and the kids to donuts, I called my father and talked for over an hour.  I only get to see him once a year so a quality phone call is huge for me.  Maybe not so much for him due to the noise of all the girls ranting and screaming in the background but he puts up with me as he always has.  He thought me sending a cell phone so we could stay in touch was for him but secretly it's so I can talk to him any time of the day I want. ;) He's been a great father and grandfather to my kids and I.


I also got the kids together with their dad and did my best to keep all happy.  I think it worked because I'm actually able to blog right as 3 are asleep on the sofa.  He comes to see the kids and they love when he can get them to sleep.  A rare break for me and I'll take it any way I can get it.  Maybe that's why I keep praying for a manny.


This brings me to saying I hope some of the moms out there had a great FATHER'S DAY!  Some of you are fathers too.  Just because you aren't called DAD doesn't mean you aren't the one doing all the things a dad should, would or could if you had/wanted it.  It takes a village, right? I hope the friends that step in as father figures had a great day too.  I know there are quite a few men and women that play that role too for kids in need.  Thank you whoever you are.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!



No comments: