Sunday, October 2, 2011

And Along Came Hellga..


We all move into our neighborhood hoping and praying for different things. Some want peace and quiet with no outside contact with neighbors, others want great neighbors they can run with and call if need be for anything and others want just to come out only if they need something or just to complain about something, when they rarely set foot outside the door. So I say to myself "WHY OH WHY do I have to have the most unhappy neighbor around?" Don't get me wrong.....I really wish there was something I could do to make her happy but I had a strange feeling from the moment I met Hellga, name obviously changed, that there was just a littttllllleee bit off. Still, I didn't want to judge and she seemed so elated. I hoped I was just getting a great new neighbor that I could be as close to as my first neighbor, Phyllis, who I really miss and am proud to use her name! Now our first encounter, Phyllis and I, wasn't so nice, but we grew close and depended on each other no matter what time or for what needs. I grew close to her family and her father, who I also called DAD, who passed away a few days before delivering me a deep freezer he'd bought for me and filled with food. All this, I believe, because he was proud of me and my fighting to keep my girls because he's been in the foster care system and took a very long time to find a forever home. This family was so supportive of me and when Dad would come visit Phyllis he'd ask "What's my other daughter cooking over there" and call to see if I'd made any sweets! Maybe that's why I'm so stumped on my new neighbor. She won't take a morsel of my food! (NO, I'm not offering anymore!!!) She has been kind enough to share some of her goodies but when I didn't accept her donuts, I heard "I hate you skinny girls" come out of her mouth. Believe me, I'm no "skinny girl" unless I stopped eating at all! I don't really know why I can't get along with this woman! I don't know her age and I don't know where she came from. After a few months of her being here I was in more trouble than I ever thought imaginable with kids and dogs. Thank GOD I WAS HERE FIRST or my neighbors wouldn't have clue I have a kind bone in my body because I'm having a real hard time showing any kind of BONE to her! So I ask you.....how do I bring the LOVEN FEELING into Jamestowne?

No comments: