Thursday, April 21, 2011

Open Mouth and Guts Fall Out!

I go Krogering about 3 times a week.  I usually take all my kids and maybe an extra kid from the neighborhood or just someone that likes being with us.......yes, some people actually like us :)
We usually get the normal glance from people just shopping.  Elders smile really big and adore the kids.  Men just walk faster but it's always the women that say something so stupid like "Are all those kids your kids?" which I reply back "Well, they are now!  I picked up 2 from Kentucky, dropped off 1 in Tennessee and stole a couple from Kansas and when I go back to Mexico I'm planning on sneaking a few more out!" 
I know it sounds like I'm being mean but seriously, how would you feel if were one of those kids?  You never know the situation so I just think sometimes we have to try not to be so nosey or curious as much as a few compliments on how well behaved my kids are or how polite they were to you, after they cut you off with the cart or their running all over the place! (Yeah, I know I'm the biggest bullshitter right now but you get the picture, right?)
About a year ago, I had a lady in Kroger at the meat counter looking at me forever.  The older kids were so bothered looking down as she said "I' ve heard about women like you that have a bunch of kids at your age" to which all I could do was smile to keep from spitting nails!  I saw her about a week later as I was having lunch and she didn't recognize me while she sat all comfy and cozy with a gentleman having lunch.  I couldn't think of anything to do that would bother her as much as my kids were bothered except to jam my tongue down her throat and act as if we were secret lovers, but anyone that knows me knows I can't even fake that one.  I almost asked if she'd mind being an incubator for me for a few more kids since she looked about my age!
I'm sure I'll be seeing more people that stay stupid sh.....so if you have any ideas please send them to me or post for the next mama that loves kids like me but doesn't need to have them feel like ...well, I don't know what they felt like but it wasn't what a kid should feel just for going to the grocery with their mom and siblings!

No comments: